Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Will it kill me?

smoke-
its hot and smoggy,
burns me inside
and then
is blown out!

the brown leaves-
wrapped in white
just
like my death-bed
wait for me!

smoke again-
makes me sleep
wakes me up
helps me think
is my friend!

the match glows
the bed reddens
the air blows
and..............
the death awaits!

yet again,
it cures my cold
and as i told
it helps me poke
the unknowns who smoke!

but i know alright
that these are no drills
when they write on it
that
smoking kills!

3 comments:

  1. so mr. poet few words for you:
    1.best words in best order (i'm not judging but this what i found after reading it)
    2.the hulchul in poet's mind has been nicely poured...

    humme achcha laga..
    -nitisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yes it'l kill you mind you that..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @nitisha: thank u (both for the appraisal and the answer!) :)

    ReplyDelete